When I was younger, I so badly wanted to like shamrock shakes. I loved milkshakes and I love color-themed holidays, but every single year I’d try one and every single year I’d be so disappointed.
I decided it was time to make a really good (and healthy) shamrock shake. This is a creamy milkshake-like smoothie that’s naturally green, made with fresh mint and spinach. The mint adds a lovely fresh flavor, and the spinach taste is undetectable…
Even though this smoothie looks incredibly healthy (and it is!), what I love most about it is its creaminess. Its milkshake-like texture comes from a frozen banana, a few tablespoons of almond butter, and a scant cup of almond milk. It’s especially thick and delicious if you make it with Almond Breeze’s new Almondmilk Cashewmilk. There’s just something about cashews that makes for very tasty milk-like milk.
This recipe makes one pretty big smoothie – share it for breakfast or double this recipe if your significant other loves smoothies as much as mine does.
- 1 frozen banana
- handful of fresh baby spinach, about 1 cup packed
- ¼ cup fresh mint, about 10 leaves
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 ice cubes
- ¼ teaspoon good vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Original Unsweetened
- In a blender, combine the banana, spinach, mint leaves, almond butter, ice, vanilla and Almondmilk Cashwemilk. Blend until smooth. Add more almond milk as needed for desired consistency.
- Pour into a glass and serve.