Do you have Easter brunch or Easter dinner? My family always has a formal Easter ham dinner, but around here brunch seems to be more popular.
Not that it matters for us this year – Jack and I will doing what we’ve done for every holiday this year so far – testing and shooting cookbook recipes. Yep, that’s right – this book project started with Thanksgiving tacos and now Easter weekend will be a smorgasbord of random bits and bobs, tons of dirty dishes, and some really funky combinations of leftovers. There definitely won’t be ham, but there might be a few eggs.
If your family is a brunch-y one, here’s a simple frittata idea. If you don’t have mini skillets, you can make these in a muffin tin or you could make this in one big skillet and scale up the recipe to serve a crowd. Add in whatever vegetables you like – although I really love spinach in frittatas, especially now while it’s in season. Sometimes I add cheese, but this time I used sun dried tomatoes for that salty bite.
I hope you all have a happy holiday weekend!
mini spinach & sun dried tomato frittatas
- drizzle of olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ⅓ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped herbs: (ie. basil, parsley, tarragon...)
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. If you're using cast iron skillets, preheat those in the oven as well. (Otherwise grease little ramekins or 6 cups of a muffin tin and set aside).
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add scallions, garlic, spinach, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until spinach is just wilted, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. Add the cooked spinach and sun dried tomatoes. Pour mixture into prepared skillets and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the eggs are just set. (Adjust baking time for a larger frittata).
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle on fresh herbs and freshly cracked black pepper. Let cool slightly and serve.
I have these mini skillets: Lodge 3.5 inch mini skillets