These simple balsamic, tomato, and herb bruschettas come together in under 30 minutes for a healthy summer dinner or appetizer. Vegan.
This is simple… maybe too simple. Jack’s been out of town this week, so not a whole lot of cooking has been happening around here.
I had hopes – I wouldn’t say high hopes – but I had medium hopes of what I would make for just myself. But so far all I’ve made is coffee… trips to food trucks… dinner plans with friends (hey, it’s good to get out of the kitchen sometimes).
But not to worry, I have something really good saved up for tomorrow’s post. So, until then, I’ll leave you with this simple, herby & balsamic tomato bruschetta. You can whip it up in no time… even if it’s just for you.
Mini Tomato and Herb Bruschettas
- Whole grain mini baguette, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced in half
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- Fresh herbs of your choice, chopped – I used chives & basil
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper
- Shaved pecorino or parmesan cheese (optional)
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Fresh mozzarella cheese slices (optional)
- Drizzle the bread slices with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Broil or grill until the edges are golden brown. While the bread is still warm, rub the top of each slice with the cut side of half the garlic clove.
- In a small bowl, toss the cherry tomatoes, shallot, and herbs with a drizzle of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Top the toasted bread slices with the tomato-herb mix and any optional toppings. Sprinkle with any leftover herbs.