A delicious, grown-up winter treat, this Matcha White Hot Chocolate is an easy, cozy drink for cold days. 4 ingredients and full of healthy antioxidants!
Hot chocolate always has to come with warm fuzzy memories, doesn’t it? I vividly remember being about 9 – otherwise known as the age when snow was fun. My sister and I would spend hours and hours building forts and making snow angels. We’d come in the house with red noses and leave our snowpants in a puddle at the door (you know, for mom to clean up). We’d sit down to mugs of Swiss Miss hot chocolate, no marshmallows for me.
I might not have wintery white Christmases anymore, but here’s my fancy adult white hot chocolate that’s made oh so much more delicious by adding one of my favorite ingredients – matcha.
If you’re new to matcha, check out this matcha coconut latte post where I describe it a little more… or view all of our matcha recipes in our (now working again, sorry for yesterday’s glitch) recipe index.
Matcha White Hot Chocolate
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons AIYA cooking grade matcha
- 1 cup hot water
- Melt the white chocolate together with ½ cup of almond milk. Stir until smooth, then add the remaining almond milk. Set aside.
- Sift matcha into 1 cup hot water and whisk until combined and frothy. Stir this into the almond milk/white chocolate mixture and pour into 2 mugs.