In case you haven’t noticed, I sort of have a thing for matcha. I know it’s SO trendy… but I personally think it’s exciting to see really great healthy foods become insanely popular. Everyone’s drinking matcha lattes and matcha mochas these days – but now that it’s almost summer, here’s a really simple ice cream treat.
This one’s really more of an idea than a “recipe.” I didn’t even bother breaking out the blender to make these milkshakes because in the spirit of our “grab and go” monthly series with Almond Breeze, I wanted to make these simple enough to shake and run.
Mix a little almond milk and matcha until it’s well combined (you can use a regular whisk if you don’t have a cute match whisk). Add it to a jar with a scoop or two of ice cream. Shake it and stir it until it gets a little melty and enjoy!
- ¼ cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Original
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon unsweetened matcha*
- 1-2 scoops vanilla ice cream (I used vegan coconut ice cream here, but use whatever you like).
- In a small bowl whisk your almond milk and matcha together. (Tip: If your matcha is lumpy, strain it with a tea strainer).
- Pour your "matcha milk" into a jar, add ice cream. Shake. Let it soften a bit. Stir and enjoy!