This mango smoothie recipe is a healthy breakfast or snack. Mango makes the smoothie sweet & creamy and matcha makes it healthy & green!
I’m not sure if you all noticed, but Jack made his 3rd post a few weeks back. (Check out his Blueberry Smoothie, if you missed it). This guy, I tell you, is crazy about smoothies. If he’s the smoothie king around here, then I am the matcha mistress. But both together? Well that’s just a match(a) made in heaven. (I know, bad pun, I just couldn’t help myself…)
Key Mango Smoothie Ingredients
If you look at this mango smoothie recipe, you’ll notice that I leave out a common smoothie ingredient: banana. That’s because fresh mango works as a nice thickener on its own, so there’s no need for bananas, yogurt, or nuts. I know there are a lot of smoothie-loving-banana-haters out there, so this one’s for you. Plus, the mango is sweet & refreshing, and it goes perfectly with the other key ingredient in this recipe: matcha.
Matcha is my superfood of choice for this yummy breakfast blend. Made from grinding the whole green tea leaf, it’s full of antioxidants and even some caffeine, so this drink is the perfect morning pick-me-up!
Mango Smoothie Recipe Variations
If you’re new to making smoothies, you’ll learn pretty quickly that they’re some of the most flexible recipes out there. Feel free to swap in your favorite fruit, juices, nut butters, protein powders, or superfood boosts! Here are some ideas for this recipe:
- Add banana or avocado. Yes, this smoothie is creamy on its own, but it’ll become ultra thick & luscious with one of these ingredients blended in. Plus, if you’re making this for breakfast, it will be a more filling meal.
- Grate in some fresh ginger or turmeric. I use ginger in this green smoothie, and it really adds a fresh boost – I think it would be equally good here. A little turmeric would also be delicious.
- Add another fruit. Peaches and pineapple both come to mind.
- Toss in a handful of spinach. You won’t taste it, so why not start your day with extra green power?
- Use coconut milk instead of almond milk. The texture will be even creamier, and mango + coconut is a fantastic flavor combination.
Customize to your liking, and enjoy!
If you love this mango smoothie recipe…
Green Mango Smoothie
- 2 teaspoons matcha
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 mango, sliced
- a few handfuls of ice
- optional - 1 frozen banana
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. For a creamier smoothie, add the frozen banana.