Change up your salsa game with this sweet and spicy mango salsa recipe! Scoop it up with tortilla chips, or top it onto tacos, burritos, and more.
With Cinco de Mayo coming up tomorrow, I thought I’d pop in to share this mango salsa. It’s one of my favorite recipes to make throughout the spring and summer because it’s refreshing, fun, and so darn simple. Follow the recipe once or twice, and you’ll be able to leave the measuring cups in the drawer and just eyeball the ingredients. After that, you can change it up in all sorts of ways. Mix in avocado, or add some black beans. You could even toss in pickled jalapeños! Because this is such an easy, flexible recipe, it lends itself well to variations, and it never disappoints. Get your margarita (or mango margarita) ready – let’s make mango salsa!
Mango Salsa Recipe Ingredients
This sweet & spicy salsa requires just 7 ingredients:
- Mangos – Any ripe mango will work here, but Ataulfo or Champagne mangos (pictured above) are my first pick for this recipe. They usually pop up in grocery stores in the spring. I prefer them to red mangos because they have a softer, juicier texture and sweeter flavor.
- Red onion – For color, crunch, and sharp, savory flavor.
- Cilantro – It flecks the salsa with green and adds fresh flavor.
- Lime juice – It makes the salsa bright and tangy.
- Garlic – For sharp depth of flavor.
- Jalapeño – For heat.
- And sea salt – To make all the flavors pop!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
Mango Salsa Recipe Variations
This mango salsa recipe is super flexible! Feel free to change it up to suit your tastes or use what you have on hand. Here are a few of my favorite variations:
- Add avocado. Avocado makes everything better, right? Stir in 1/2-1 diced avocado to make a richer, creamier salsa.
- Pickle something. For an extra-bright and tangy salsa, replace the raw jalapeños with pickled ones. Pickled red onions would be great here too!
- Bulk it up. Turn this mango salsa into a heartier dip by adding 1/2 cup cooked black beans and some finely diced red peppers.
Let me know what variations you try!
Mango Salsa Serving Suggestions
This mango salsa recipe is a perfect appetizer. I love it on its own with tortilla chips, and it’s a great way to jazz up guacamole, too. Scoop some onto your next bowl of guac for a dressed up party dip!
But your options for serving it don’t end there. Here are a few more of my favorite ways to use it:
- On tacos. Spoon it over these Vegan Jackfruit Tacos or any of these 11 Best Vegetarian Taco Recipes!
- Over a salad. Add a scoop to your next Taco Salad.
- On nachos. Find my Epic Nachos Recipe here.
- With stuffed peppers. Top it onto these Stuffed Poblanos or these Stuffed Bell Peppers for sweet and spicy flavor.
- In burrito bowls. Start with a base of cilantro lime rice and creamy pinto beans. Then, load up your bowl with fajita veggies, guac, and a scoop of mango salsa. Add a drizzle of chipotle sauce or cilantro lime dressing to take it all over the top!
How do you like to serve mango salsa? Let me know in the comments!
More Homemade Salsas and Dips
If you love this fresh mango salsa recipe, try one of these homemade salsas or dips next:
- Pico De Gallo
- Homemade Salsa
- Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- Pineapple Salsa
- Corn Salsa
- Cowboy Caviar
- Vegan Cheese
For more tasty appetizer ideas, check out this post!
- Peel and dice the mangos according to this method.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mango, onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, jalapeño, and salt. Chill until ready to use.