Adding mango wasn’t something that ever occurred to me, but I’ve been trying to think of simple creative ways to use mango. (And no this isn’t another Arrested Development post, if you know what I mean. If you don’t, you can google it)…
But mango pesto – so delicious, who knew? I just love this lighter and brighter twist, especially for summer. You can be healthy, like we were, and eat it as a snack with sliced cucumbers. Or you can do what we did with the leftovers – scoop it on top of quesadillas with melty, smoky cheese. It’d also be a great addition to whatever you might be grilling up over the weekend!
- 1.5 packed cups of fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts, plus extra to go on top
- ⅓ cup diced mango
- juice of 1 small lemon
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- sliced cucumbers, for serving
- In a small food processor, place the basil, garlic, pine nuts, HALF the mango, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pulse until everything is incorporated. Add the olive oil and pulse a few more times. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Pour the pesto into a small bowl and stir in the remaining diced mango, extra pine nuts, and a few pinches of red pepper flakes.
- Serve with sliced cucumbers or crostini