Dive into fall cooking with the Love & Lemons Cooking Club! Read on to learn more about what we're cooking and how to get involved.
Can you believe that it’s the first weekend in October? At this point, there’s no denying it: fall is here! With the new season, Jack and I are spending less time outdoors and more time at home. We’ve swapped our evening walks and weekend picnics for TV, board games, and, of course, cooking! I hope that you’re also enjoying time in the kitchen right now, whether you’re simmering soup, trying a new autumn veggie, or diving headfirst into weekend baking projects.
The Love & Lemons Cooking Club
To celebrate all this seasonal cooking, I’m launching the Love & Lemons Cooking Club! I wanted to find a fun way to bring the Love & Lemons community together this fall, and I thought that a new monthly cooking challenge would be a great way to do it. Here’s how it works and how YOU can get involved:
- Each month, I’ll choose one seasonal Love & Lemons recipe.
- If you make that recipe during the month, snap a picture of it, and email it to LoveAndLemonsCookingClub@gmail.com by 11:59 PM on the last day of the month. For our first recipe, the deadline will be 11:59 PM on October 31st.
- By sending your picture to LoveAndLemonsCookingClub@gmail.com, you’ll be entered to win a prize. This October, it’s a $200 Visa gift card! For a bonus entry, leave a comment on the chosen recipe after you submit your photo.
- At the end of the month, I’ll announce a randomly selected winner and share all your photos on the blog!
For the inaugural Love & Lemons Cooking Club challenge, I’ve chosen a quintessential fall recipe. It’s a dish that I make every fall, without fail. It’s super cozy and nourishing, and it stars one of my favorite fall veggies. Any guesses? Here’s another clue: it makes your kitchen smell amazing while it simmers away on the stove, and it’s best served with a big hunk of crusty bread.
That’s right! It’s my Butternut Squash Soup! This recipe is both vegan and gluten-free, so everyone can join in the fun this month. Send a photo of your soup to LoveAndLemonsCookingClub@gmail.com by 11:59 PM on October 31st to enter the club. After you’ve entered, leave a comment on the Butternut Squash Soup recipe post for a bonus entry. I can’t wait to see your creations, and happy cooking!
More Favorite Fall Recipes
Join the October Love & Lemons Cooking Club challenge by sending your photo of my Butternut Squash Soup to LoveAndLemonsCookingClub@gmail.com by 11:59 PM on October 31st. After you send in your photo, leave a comment on the recipe for a bonus entry! (One photo entry and one bonus entry per person).
Then, try one of these delicious fall recipes next:
- Apple Crumble
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Bread
- Eggplant Parmesan
- Homemade Mac and Cheese (or Vegan Mac and Cheese!)
- Perfect Baked Potato
- Easy Vegetarian Chili
- Carrot Ginger Soup
For more fall recipe ideas, check out this post!