Join the Love & Lemons Cooking Club Challenge this June! It's easy to enter, and one lucky winner will receive a prize. Find all the details below.
Last fall, I created the Love & Lemons Cooking Club to celebrate our wonderful community of readers. It’s super simple – each month, I choose a recipe. You make it, and you email me a photo. At the end of the month, I randomly select one winner to receive a prize.
I love the sense of community that comes from so many people cooking one recipe each month. We’re kicking off our June challenge today with my new Orzo Salad Recipe, and I hope you’ll join in the fun! Here’s how it works:
Join the Love & Lemons Cooking Club
- Each month, I choose one seasonal recipe. Sign up for our email list so you’ll know as soon as I share each month’s recipe.
- Make that recipe during the month.
- Send a picture of it to LoveAndLemonsCookingClub@gmail.com by the end of the month. This time, the deadline is June 30!
- For a bonus entry, leave a comment (include your first and last name) on the challenge recipe’s blog post after you submit your photo.
The Prize: A $200 Whole Foods Gift Card
At the end of the month, I randomly select a winner and post all of the photos. This time, we’re giving away a $200 Whole Foods Gift Card!
June’s Recipe: Orzo Salad!
If you need a dish to pass at a picnic or cookout sometime this month, this recipe would be perfect. You can make it ahead of time (see the Orzo Salad post for my instructions!), and it’s always a crowd-pleaser. The feta and olives fill it with tangy, briny flavor, the tomatoes and cucumbers make it nice and fresh, and a zingy Greek dressing ties it all together. It’s fairly hearty, thanks to the orzo and chickpeas, so it’s also a great recipe to pack for lunch.
To make this recipe vegan, omit the feta, and season the salad with extra salt and lemon juice to taste. To make it gluten-free, substitute gluten-free orzo or your favorite gluten-free short-cut pasta.
Enter the June Challenge!
Want to enter? Here’s what you need to do:
- Make my Orzo Salad sometime during the month of June.
- Send a picture of it to LoveAndLemonsCookingClub@gmail.com by June 30.
- For a bonus entry, leave a comment on the Orzo Salad blog post after you submit your photo. (One photo entry and one bonus entry per person – please leave your first and last name on your comment so I can match it to your email submission.)
- Sign up for our email list to find out about next month’s recipe!
I’ll randomly select a winner and share all your photos in early July.
Last Month’s Challenge
Speaking of sharing all your photos…
Last month’s recipe was my Veggie Frittata, with my Tofu Scramble as a vegan alternative. I loved seeing all the different ways you made them your own. Here are a few variations that caught my eye:
- Hannah made her frittata with broccoli, wild foraged leeks (!!), and goat cheese.
- Alexis made a Mexican-inspired frittata with spinach, cilantro, tomatoes, jalapeño peppers, and queso fresco.
- And Kate made a super-springy frittata with asparagus, leeks, and lots of fresh dill. SO delicious!
Now, for the photos!
Our winner is Kaitlin who made a sweet potato, red pepper, black bean, and feta frittata with cilantro and avocado. Yum!
Enter the June Cooking Club Challenge by…
- Making my Orzo Salad sometime during the month of June.
- Sending a picture of it to LoveAndLemonsCookingClub@gmail.com by June 30.
- Leaving a comment on the Orzo Salad blog post for a bonus entry after you submit your photo. (One photo entry and one bonus entry per person – please leave your first and last name on your comment so I can match it to your email submission.)