Happy weekend! I just wanted to pop in for a minute and share this easy recipe for the spicy margaritas we served at our margarita party a few weeks ago. They were such a big hit – tart, smooth, not too sweet, and most importantly – spicy. The perfect refreshing cocktail for one last summer party!
photos #1 and #3 by Chris Perez of Citygram Magazine
Author: Jeanine Donofrio
Serves: party size - fills 1 pitcher
- 3 cups good (plain) tequila
- 1 cup Grand Marnier
- 1.5 cups fresh lime juice
- 1 cup simple syrup (or sub agave syrup to taste)
- lime & jalapeño slices for garnish
- salt for the glasses, optional
jalapeño infused tequila:
- 1 cup tequila
- ½ a sliced jalapeño
- Make the jalapeño tequila. Add the jalapeño to the tequila and let it sit at room temp for a few hours or up to a day.
- Remove jalapeños and pour into a small serving glass. Serve on the side so guests can add as much or little spice as they like.
- Mix together the margarita ingredients.
- Add a few drops of the spicy tequila, to taste, to finished margaritas. (it's very spicy - start with less, you can always add more)
adapted from grandmarnier.com
Love margaritas and completely love the spiciness of these. perfect!
So satisfied you shared this recipe! I’ve been craving one because you shared the pix out of your event.
I love jalapeño margaritas! I usually sub pinneapple juice for the simple syrup adding a little mineral water if I don’t want it too sweet! Perfect mix of hot and sweet!
These margaritas are amazing. According to this interesting article, Drew Barrymore also enjoys drinking and has her own brand.
I LOVE jalapeno margaritas! I think it’s time to make a batch of jalapeno infused tequila!
Love margaritas and totally love the spiciness of these. Perfect!
Margaritas party sounds like something I like 🙂
So glad you shared this recipe! I’ve been craving one since you shared the photos from your event. x
ha, they’re so good!
I’m a huge sucker for spicy cocktails — this is so tempting!!
what a great way for me to use all of the jalapenos growing in my garden…… 🙂
I’ve had so many too – I made lots of infused oils as well as infused alcohol 🙂
I love the idea of infusing the alcohol. I guess you could expand on that idea and add fresh herbs like mint or basil and ginger!
what great ideas!
I love the simplicity to this! So delicious!