So long, store bought salad dressing! This honey mustard dressing recipe is easy to make, and it's packed with irresistible sweet and tangy flavor.
This homemade honey mustard dressing is like magic. Whenever I have it on hand, I eat salads like crazy, just to taste its sweet, tangy, spicy flavor. If I’m out of greens, I use it as a dipping sauce, dunking sliced bell peppers until I don’t have any dressing left. If you’re someone who’s trying to eat more veggies, make this honey mustard dressing recipe. You’ll find yourself tossing together salads and snacking on carrot sticks left and right!
Unlike many store bought honey mustard salad dressings, this one is totally dairy-free. Its smooth, lightly creamy texture comes from emulsified olive oil, honey, and Dijon mustard, not mayo or Greek yogurt. You only need 5 ingredients to make it, and you can whisk it together in a snap. In the last few months, it’s become one of my favorite dressings, and I think you’re going to love it too!
Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe Ingredients
Ready to make this honey mustard dressing recipe? Here’s what you’ll need:
- Dijon mustard – Steer clear of using stone ground mustard or yellow mustard in this recipe. Instead, choose a good-quality Dijon mustard. It’ll give the dressing a smooth, creamy texture and well-balanced flavor.
- Honey – It gives the dressing a touch of sweetness and classic honey-mustard flavor.
- Apple cider vinegar – For tang! Fresh lemon juice will work here too.
- Garlic – It adds sharp depth of flavor.
- Extra-virgin olive oil – It gives the dressing body and richness.
- And salt and pepper – To make all the flavors pop!
Combine the honey, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, vinegar, and oil in a small bowl, and whisk to combine. When the dressing is smooth, season to taste. Enjoy!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
How to Use Honey Mustard Dressing
This homemade honey mustard dressing will keep in an airtight container or Mason jar in the fridge for up to a week, so it’s a great recipe to meal prep and keep on hand. It’s versatile, so have fun experimenting with different ways to use it. Here are a few of my favorites:
- As a salad dressing. Not to state the obvious, but this dressing is delicious on salad! I call for it specifically in my green bean salad recipe, but it’s also fantastic on this sweet potato salad, this broccoli salad, this kale salad, this chopped salad, or simple mixed greens.
- With roasted or sautéed veggies. Drizzle it over roasted broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, potatoes, or sautéed broccoli for a punch of sweet and tangy flavor.
- As a dipping sauce. Zuzh up sweet potato fries or air fryer French fries with a side of honey mustard dressing! Or, for a light and healthy snack, serve it with fresh veggies like carrots, celery, or bell peppers for dipping.
- On a grain bowl. Start with a grain like farro, quinoa, or brown rice, add a protein like roasted chickpeas or tempeh, and pile in your favorite veggies. Pour the dressing on top to tie it all together!
How do you like to use honey mustard dressing? Let me know in the comments!
More Favorite Salad Dressings
If you love this recipe, try one of these delicious salad dressings next:
- Greek Salad Dressing
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing
- Tahini Dressing
- Homemade Italian Dressing
- Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Lemon Vinaigrette
Honey Mustard Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, olive oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- See the above blog post for serving suggestions.