These healthy wraps are a perfect packed lunch! Flavorful and satisfying, they're stuffed with greens, avocado, and a honey-Dijon chickpea salad.
When it comes to lunch, I usually gravitate towards salads or bowls, but when I have the ingredients to these healthy lunch wraps on hand, I’m 100% on team sandwich. They’re fresh and satisfying, filled with a crisp kale salad, creamy avocado, and hearty chickpeas. But the secret ingredient that makes them so flavorful is the dressing. It’s a sharp, savory honey-Dijon vinaigrette that I whizz together in the blender so that it’s creamy and emulsified.
When I assemble these sandwich wraps, I mash some of the dressing with the chickpeas, toss some with the veggies, and serve the rest on the side for dipping. I love that one punchy sauce is all it takes to transform simple ingredients like chickpeas and kale into these delicious, healthy wraps. If you ask me, they’re the perfect weekday lunch.
Healthy Lunch Wraps Recipe Ingredients
I make these sandwich wraps with simple, fresh ingredients. Here’s what’s in them:
- The dressing! It’s a zingy mix of olive oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, garlic, and salt. If you like, you can blend in a little Parmesan cheese to make it extra-creamy.
- Chickpeas – They add heft to these lunch wraps. To season them, I mash them with salt, pepper, and some of the dressing.
- Veggies – I make a crunchy salad out of torn kale, shaved Brussels sprouts, and radicchio. Together, these greens create a nice mix of colors and flavors, but if you want to simplify the lunch wraps, you could use all kale instead.
- Avocado – I love how its creamy texture plays off the crisp greens.
- Parmesan cheese – For rich, nutty flavor. If you’re vegan, feel free to skip it.
- And extra-large tortillas – To wrap it all up!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
How to Assemble These Sandwich Wraps
Once you blend up the dressing, these chickpea salad wraps are easy to put together.
First, mash the chickpeas. Combine them with a little of the dressing, salt, and pepper, and mash until they’ve mostly broken down. I like to leave some chickpeas whole for texture.
Then, toss the salad. Place the kale, Brussels sprouts, and radicchio in a large bowl with the dressing and toss until the veggies are well-coated.
Finally, assemble the wraps! Divide the chickpeas, the kale salad, and the avocado among the tortillas, and sprinkle in some Parmesan if you’re using it. Wrap and roll each tortilla around the fillings, slice the veggie wraps in half, and serve with the remaining dressing for dipping.
Healthy Lunch Wraps Prep and Serving Suggestions
These sandwich wraps are delicious right after they’re made, but they also keep well in the fridge for a day or two, making them a great meal prep lunch option. If you assemble them ahead of time, wrap them tightly in foil and refrigerate them until you’re ready to eat.
Enjoy these lunch wraps as a meal on their own, or serve them with a side salad or fresh fruit. Pack one for lunch with a piece of seasonal fruit or fruit salad, or take some broccoli salad, carrot salad, or pasta salad as a side. Happy wrapping!
More Healthy Lunch Recipes
If you love these sandwich wraps, try one of these healthy lunch recipes next:
- Best Egg Salad
- Caprese Sandwich
- Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Orzo Salad
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Best Buddha Bowl
- Or any of these 50+ Healthy Lunch Ideas!
Healthy Lunch Wraps
Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette
For the Wraps
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 curly kale leaves, stemmed and finely chopped
- 6 Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced radicchio
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 4 extra-large tortillas
- Make the dressing. In a blender, combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, honey, garlic, salt, and cheese, if desired. Blend until creamy and emulsified.
- Make the wrap fillings. In a small bowl, use a potato masher to mash the chickpeas with ¼ cup of the dressing, ¼ teaspoon salt, and several grinds of fresh black pepper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the kale, Brussels sprouts, and radicchio with ⅓ cup of the dressing.
- Assemble the wraps: divide the chickpea mixture, salad mixture, avocado, and cheese, if using, among the tortillas. Fold the left and right sides of the tortilla over the filling. Fold the bottom flap of the tortilla up and over the filling and roll the wrap closed. Wrap in foil, slice in half crosswise, and serve with the remaining dressing on the side for dipping.