This green smoothie recipe is the best healthy breakfast! Fresh mint, spinach, banana & almond butter make it minty, creamy & sweet.
I go in and out of breakfast kicks – I’ll eat one type of food (muffins, breakfast tacos, oats, etc.) every day for breakfast for a few weeks before moving to the next phase. Right now, I’m all about smoothies. I feel great starting my day knowing that I’ve already had multiple servings of fresh fruit and vegetables. My current obsession is this minty green smoothie recipe. It’s healthy, it’s creamy, it’s lightly sweet and only 6 ingredients. What’s not to love?
Best Green Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
Even though this green breakfast smoothie looks incredibly healthy (and it is – there’s lots of leafy greens in there!), what I love most about it is its creaminess. It’s almost milkshake-like consistency and sweet, fresh flavor come from these key ingredients:
- Frozen banana makes it nicely thick and creamy. Plus, it adds a little sweetness and plenty of potassium.
- Lots of spinach gives this smoothie its vibrant color and a host of nutrients. You won’t even taste it!
- Fresh mint gives it a light, fresh flavor.
- Almond butter makes it creamy & satisfying. Plus, its healthy fats will help you absorb the nutrients from the spinach!
- Vanilla extract adds yummy depth of flavor.
- Ice cubes make it cool and refreshing
- And almond milk gets the blender going and perfects the creamy texture. It’s especially thick and delicious if you make it with Almond Breeze’s Almondmilk Cashewmilk. There’s just something about cashews that makes for very tasty milk-like milk.
This recipe makes 2 smoothies – share it for breakfast if your significant other loves smoothies as much as mine does.
Green Smoothie Recipe Variations
Smoothies are so easy to make and super flexible, so, by all means, play with this recipe! I recommend starting with these variations:
- Swap kale for the spinach – use less kale than you would spinach so that its flavor isn’t overpowering.
- Use cilantro, parsley, or basil in place of the mint or omit the herbs altogether!
- Play with adding other fruits like strawberries, blueberries, or cherries.
- Grate in some fresh ginger or lemon zest.
- Use cashew butter instead of almond butter.
- Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder!
If you love this green smoothie recipe…
Healthy Green Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- big handfuls fresh baby spinach, about 2 cups
- ¼ cup fresh mint, about 10 leaves
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 ice cubes
- ¼ teaspoon good vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk, more as needed
- In a blender, combine the banana, spinach, mint leaves, almond butter, ice, vanilla and cashew milk. Blend until smooth. Add more cashew milk as needed for desired consistency.
- Pour into glasses and serve.