Happy almost-fourth of July!
After traveling through Europe for nearly a month, Jack and I are ready to celebrate the USA by, well, sleeping and probably sleeping some more. We don’t have any big weekend plans, but we’ll probably be firing up the grill at least once or twice, especially to make this creamy & spicy grilled corn on the cob. Corn isn’t exactly a… featured ingredient in France, Norway, or Denmark. It’s good to be home.
How to Grill Corn on the Cob
Making grilled corn on the cob is easy, especially if you already have your grill going for burgers or hot dogs. Just follow these simple steps:
- Pull back the husks and remove the silks from each ear of corn. You can either remove the husks entirely or tie them back like I did for extra-pretty cobs.
- Preheat your grill. Make sure it’s nice and hot before you put your corn on!
- Place the corn on the grill, rotating every few minutes until the corn is tender and char marks form on all sides.
- Remove corn from the grill, dress it up with chile-lime sauce or butter and salt, and dig in!
Grilled Corn on the Cob Serving Suggestions
Of course, grilled corn on the cob is delicious rubbed in butter and sprinkled with salt & pepper. If you’re looking for a fun variation, though, I highly recommend this creamy chili lime sauce. It’s made with Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayonnaise (use their Fabanaise vegan mayo for a vegan option), olive oil, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and a little serrano chile for a little kick. Pulse it in a food processor and brush it onto freshly grilled corn for summer side dish heaven.
Once your grilled corn is ready, serve it with whatever you’re grilling, like veggie burgers, black bean burgers, or portobello dogs or sliders. It would also be great with BBQ jackfruit or po’ boy sandwiches.
If you love this grilled corn recipe…
- ¼ cup Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (with stems), more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus extra slices for serving
- ⅓ serrano chile (more, to taste)
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of onion powder
- sea salt
- 4 to 6 ears of fresh corn
- feta cheese, optional
- pinch of chile powder, optional
- In a small food processor, combine the avocado mayonnaise, olive oil, cilantro, lime, serrano, garlic powder, onion powder and a few generous pinches of salt. Pulse until combined. Chill until ready to use.
- Preheat the grill and clean the corn, pulling back the husks and removing the silks. Grill for about 8 minutes, rotating until char marks form on all sides. Remove from the grill and brush liberally with the sauce and remaining cilantro. Top with feta cheese and pinches of chile powder, if using. Serve with extra lime slices on the side.
This post was created in partnership with Sir Kensington’s whose all-natural condiments are always in our fridge. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that keep us cooking.