If you love Greek salad but you also love pizza, then this flatbread pizza recipe is for you. It’s a genius mashup of those two yummy things: classic Greek salad ingredients – olives, tomatoes, onions, feta, romaine, and artichokes – over a hearty whole wheat pizza crust.
I wish I could take credit for this fantastic combination, but today the recipe (and all of the ingredients to make it), came from Hello Fresh, the healthy meal kit delivery service. We tried out their veggie box last week and are here to report back with our stamp of approval!
Greek Salad Flatbread Pizza Ingredients
The ingredients in this recipe pack in all the delicious fresh, briny, creamy & tangy elements of a good Greek salad with a nutty, hearty crust underneath. Here’s what’s in it:
- Pizza dough! Because it couldn’t be a flatbread without a good crust.
- Olives and artichokes, for savory, briny flavor
- Cherry tomatoes, for juicy bites and their delicious tart/sweetness
- Red onion & garlic, for a fresh, sharp element
- Feta & mozzarella, for a something creamy
- And a drizzle of balsamic, for a bright finish!
How to Make Flatbread Pizza
This Greek salad flatbread is hands down one of the easiest dinner recipes out there. When you’re ready to cook, just follow these simple steps:
- Stretch your dough to fit your baking sheet or pizza pan. You want it to be about 1/4-inch thick. When your dough is stretched, give it a quick 8-minute pre-bake!
- Meanwhile, prep your toppings.
- When the dough is nicely golden brown, pile on all the toppings minus the lettuce, and pop the flatbread back in the oven for another 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Toss the romaine with balsamic, olive oil, salt, and pepper, and pile it onto the baked flatbread.
If you love this flatbread pizza recipe…
- 1 (approx. 8 oz.) ball of store-bought pizza dough
- flour for rolling out the dough
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- ¼ cup olives
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- ½ cup marinated artichokes
- 1 very small red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 heart romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a ¼ inch thick rectangle, about 9x13 inches. Place onto a lightly oiled baking sheet and prick all over with a fork. Place in the oven for 8-12 minutes, until beginning to brown on the edges.
- Meanwhile quarter the olives and tomatoes. Drain and quarter the artichokes. Halve, peel, and thinly slice the red onion. Mince the garlic. Slice the romaine into 1-inch pieces.
- Assemble the flatbread. When the dough is almost golden brown, remove it from the oven and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese. Top with the olives, artichokes, tomatoes, garlic, onion and feta. Season with salt and pepper. Return to the oven for 7-10 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the romaine with the balsamic vinegar, a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Top the flatbread with the romaine and cut in to slices.
This post is sponsored by Hello Fresh. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that keep us cooking!