Say goodbye to sad salads forever! This Greek salad dressing recipe is zingy and bright, and you likely have all the ingredients in your pantry already.
I first made this Greek salad dressing recipe to toss with a traditional Greek Salad, but once I had it on hand, I discovered that it tastes fantastic on so much more! It’s zingy, tangy, and bright – perfect for livening up side salads or making roasted veggies more exciting. The recipe calls for a handful of simple ingredients, so it’s easy to whip up at a moment’s notice. And once you’ve made it, it keeps for up to 5 days in the fridge!
If you ask me, everyone should have this Greek salad dressing recipe in their back pocket. Easy, healthy, and delicious, it’s just as at home on a weeknight grain bowl as it is on a special occasion salad. Try it once, and you’ll make it over and over.
Greek Salad Dressing Recipe Ingredients
You only need 7 ingredients to make this Greek salad dressing recipe! Chances are, you have them all in your pantry already:
- Red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard – They work together to give the dressing a bright, tangy flavor.
- Fresh garlic – For sharp depth of flavor.
- Dried oregano – It gives the dressing fresh, aromatic notes.
- Extra-virgin olive oil – It adds richness and mellows the sharp vinegar and mustard.
- And salt and pepper – To make all the flavors pop!
Whisk everything together in a small bowl, and season to taste. That’s it!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
How to Use Greek Dressing
This Greek dressing recipe is really versatile, so have fun experimenting with different ways to use it. Here are a few of my favorites:
- On my easy Greek Salad! I love how the tangy dressing plays off the fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, bell pepper, rich feta cheese, and briny kalamata olives.
- On my Cucumber Tomato Salad. Can you tell that this dressing tastes great with tomatoes and cucumbers?
- On my Italian Chopped Salad. Substitute this Greek salad dressing for the lemon vinaigrette.
- On any green salad. Drizzle it over your favorite greens to make a tasty side salad, or add croutons, roasted chickpeas, hard boiled eggs, and/or chopped fresh veggies to make it a meal.
- On roasted veggies. Spoon it onto roasted cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, tomatoes, fennel, or potatoes after they come out of the oven.
- On grilled veggies. I love drizzling Greek salad dressing over grilled zucchini, potatoes, asparagus, corn, or grilled veggie skewers.
- Or on cooked grains, beans, or lentils. Toss cooked lentils, white beans, farro, or quinoa with Greek dressing and fresh herbs to make a hearty side dish.
How do you like to use Greek salad dressing? Let me know in the comments!
More Favorite Dressings and Sauces
If you love this dressing, try one of these dressing or sauce recipes next:
- Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- Homemade Caesar Dressing
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Coleslaw Dressing
- Tahini Sauce (4 ways!)
- Basil Pesto + Variations
Greek Salad Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, mustard, salt, and several grinds of pepper.
- Use it to make Greek Salad or see many more serving suggestions in the blog post above.