This is dessert for breakfast. Especially when you eat it with vanilla coconut yogurt like we did. And drink a mocha on the side. Sometimes a morning sugar rush is just what you need to welcome the day, right?
And as if this wasn’t sweet enough already, Jack still had to ask “so… you’re not going to put chocolate chips in there?” Um, no. No, I’m not… (Although, I suppose you could if you wanted too).
granola & pomegranate bowl
Author: Jeanine Donofrio
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted if yours is solid)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shaved coconut
- a little brown sugar (optional)
- yogurt, whatever kind you like (I like non-dairy coconut yogurt)
- a few spoonfuls of granola
- a few spoonfuls of pomegranate seeds
- a drizzle of honey
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix everything together except the coconut shavings. (I add them during the last few minutes of baking so they don't burn).
- Pour mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread into a thin layer. Stir every 15 minutes… after 30 minutes start checking to see if it’s done – crispy but not burned. I baked mine for about 40 minutes, but watch yours closely. When you feel that you have about 10 minutes left, add the coconut shavings onto your baking sheet.
- Taste, and if it's not sweet enough for you, add a little bit of brown sugar.
- Enjoy as a snack or with yogurt and pomegranates.
I Got something interesting and genuine. Whenever i found such an interesting blog over this web page. this is something that i found here now..
Breakfast is always lovely — then again so are pomegranate by themselves. It’s so much easier when it’s made in advance!
Beautiful!! After I stop drooling over the gorgeous photos, I will scroll back up and read the post. 😉
Something similar is my breakfast pretty much every day – it’s perfect.
That looks sooo good… just one glimpse of it and I’m already salivating 😀
Oh now THIS is all kinds of gorgeous.
This looks gorgeous and delicious as usual! I’ve never tried coconut yogurt, will have to try some immediately. 🙂
I have been talking about making granola for like two weeks and still haven’t done it. But I am sort of glad I waited, because I love the idea of using coconut oil. Sounds perfect!
Oh wow, that looks beautfiful and delicious!
What beautiful pictures. I made granola this week, but I had never thought of using coconut oil! It’s such a wonderful idea, I’ll have to go and buy some, so I can use your recipe next time. Home made granola is great, no worrying about what is in it, you can leave out the bits you don’t like and it is cheaper than shop bought.
Lovely post x
I love coconut oil, I’m addicted 🙂