This is what our Easter morning looked like. It was quiet and simple and perfect… breakfast on the patio, followed by a long sunny afternoon walk and a movie.
I tend to get easily overwhelmed by holidays. For years, we exhaustingly traveled for (almost) each one. Over-priced airfare and travel delays really start to take the magic out of Christmas mornings and Easter egg hunts. These days I have a new appreciation for the quiet ones — just us two (and the pups) and some tasty food.
(oh but family, we love you and miss you much… xoxo, Jeanine & Jack)
Granola adapted from Naturally Ella.
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- Berries of your choice
- Yogurt of your choice
- Make the granola: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oats, pecans, almonds, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup and coconut oil. Pour over the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread into a thin layer. Bake, stirring every 15 minutes. Around round 3, at 45 minutes, start checking to see if it’s done – crispy but not burned. I baked mine for a little less than 1 hour.
- Let cool and assemble parfaits with the berries and yogurt. Or just eat the granola.