Bananas are one of the few foods I really don’t like. Bananas and cantaloupe, in case you were curious. Banana bread, however, is one of my favorite things ever. And because I’m impatient, I often make it in muffin form. Eighteen minutes is long enough to wait, don’t you think?
These are gluten free but you wouldn’t know it. In fact, I didn’t even tell Jack until after he had already inhaled three. I used Pamela’s Gluten Free Baking & Pancake Mix and the texture came out just perfect. The flavor – sweet and banana-ey…everything you’d want in a muffin, gluten free or not. I added blueberries, but you could try chopped walnuts or even chocolate chips.
- 1-3/4 cups Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 bananas)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ½ cup raw cane sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with papers or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together Pamela’s Baking Mix, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas, then whisk in vanilla, coconut oil, sugar and eggs. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon or spatula to mix until combined.
- Fold in blueberries and scoop batter into 12 muffin cups. (I use a ¼ cup measuring cup)
- Bake 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.