It’s been snack time around here lately. I don’t know if it’s because spring is in the air, or because our schedules have been irregular lately, but we seem to have traded regular meals for snacky meals.
Here are two variations that we’ve recently called dinner… best served with wine and maybe a light soup or salad.
The snacking continued with the leftovers. The next morning I baked a tortilla until crispy, and topped it with edamame hummus and a fried egg. (New discovery: the breakfast tostada). The rest of the yogurt sauce went on a salad with chopped veggies.
edamame hummus & radish crostini
- 1 cup edamame
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger (optional)
- juice of ½ a medium lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- ¼ cup olive oil (more or less, to your liking)
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- salt & pepper, to taste
- optional toppings: lemon zest, a few sprigs of arugula (or other green)
- ½ cup 2% fat greek yogurt
- squeeze lemon
- drizzle of olive oil
- a bit of minced garlic
- salt & pepper
- toppings: radish slices, chopped chives
- Edamame Hummus: Pulse everything together in a food processor until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Yogurt Spread: Stir together. Taste and adjust seasonings. Let it sit in the fridge for 10-15 minutes for best flavor. Top grilled bread with sauce, a few radishes, and a few chives.
- Grilled Garlic Toasts:Brush olive oil on bread slices. Grill on both sides until lightly charred. Remove and rub slices with the cut side of ½ a garlic clove while bread is still hot. Top with above toppings.