lemony pea pesto
Serves: makes about 1 cup
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed (or fresh ones, blanched)
- handful of mint and basil
- ½ clove minced garlic
- a few big squeezes of lemon juice (to taste)
- 2-3 tablespoons grated pecorino cheese*
- drizzle of olive oil
- salt & pepper
- top with: lemon zest & red pepper flakes
- Pulse all pesto ingredients together in a food processor. Taste and adjust.
- Serve on grilled crusty bread drizzled with olive oil and rubbed with garlic.
- (also good on pasta, in salads, etc...)
*vegan sub: swap cheese for pine nuts or walnuts
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/pea-pesto/