green bean & avocado quinoa salad
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds, lightly toasted
- splashes of olive oil
- handful of green beans (thin ones)
- ½ cup leeks
- juice of 1 lemon & lemon zest
- big handful of dandelion greens (or spinach or arugula)
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- a few sprigs of fresh mint
- a few tablespoons toasted chopped pistachios
- ½ avocado sliced
- Heat a small pan and toast the mustard seeds until just fragrant. Add oil, green beans and leeks, salt. Cook until tender but still crunchy. Add a big squeeze of lemon to the pan.
- Add greens and let them wilt slightly.
- Remove from heat and toss with quinoa, feta cheese, more lemon and lemon zest.
- For best flavor let this chill together for 30 or so minutes.
- Before serving, add toasted pistachios, avocado and a few more mint sprigs. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Serving size: serves 2 as a meal, 3-4 as a side
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/green-bean-avocado-quinoa-salad/