sushi bowl with crispy kale
- 2-3 kale leaves
- olive oil
- cooked brown rice (3/4 cup, or so, per bowl)
- rice vinegar
- pinch of sugar
- salt & pepper
- avocado slices
- chopped nori (easiest to cut with scissors)
- pickled shiso leaf or pickled ginger
- toasted sesame seeds
- optional: bonito flakes
- serve with: soy sauce mixed with a bit of rice vinegar & sesame oil
- Toss kale with olive oil and salt and bake in a 400 degree oven until crispy but not completely charred (6-8 minutes or so, check often, you may need to rotate it halfway). Chop and set aside.
- Toss rice with just a bit of rice vineger and a pinch of sugar. Place the rice in bowls and assemble your toppings.
- Mix soy sauce with a bit of rice vinegar and sesame oil and serve in little bowls on the side.
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/kale-5-dinners/