Spicy Seared Okra
Author: Jeanine Donofrio
Recipe type: Side dish
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 or so pieces okra, sliced in half
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- ½ jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- Small handful cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. When your pan is really hot, add the okra and sauté until it starts to turn brown. Add a few pinches of salt.
- Add the shallots and jalapeños and sauté for 1 minute, turning down the heat as needed. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the walnuts and tomatoes, and toss to incorporate.
- Deglaze the pan with the sherry vinegar, and reduce until it’s almost dry. Remove the pan from heat, and add the butter, tossing and stirring to create a glaze. Enjoy!
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/okra-2/