Yogurt Pound Cake
Author: Jeanine Donofrio
Recipe type: Dessert, snack
Serves: 1 loaf
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¾ cup Stonyfield Organic Plain Whole Milk Yogurt, more for serving
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh fruit, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray an 8x4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg and salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the cane sugar and lemon zest. Then add the yogurt, olive oil, eggs, and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Don’t overmix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with dollops of yogurt and fresh fruit.
This freezes well! I like to slice it before freezing so that I can have individual servings throughout the week,
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/pound-cake-recipe/