Lemon & Chive Ricotta Bruschetta
Author: Jeanine Donofrio
Serves: 6-8 slices bruschetta
- 6-8 slices whole grain bread
- 1 garlic clove (use half to rub bread with, mince other half for ricotta mixture)
- 1 tomato
- ½ cup fresh, high quality ricotta cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½-1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper
- Basil, chopped
- Drizzle the bread slices with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt. Toast under the broiler, or grill.
- Slice garlic clove in half. Once the bread is nicely toasted, rub it with the open side of the garlic. Set aside.
- Slice the tomato, sprinkle it with some salt, and set aside.
- Mix together the ricotta, lemon juice, lemon zest, minced garlic, honey, chives, and pinches of salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Assemble and top with chopped basil and sprouts.
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/lemon-chive-ricotta-bruschetta/