Strawberry Basil French Toast
Author: Jeanine Donofrio
Serves: 4 slices
- Strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- Maple syrup
- 1 basil leaf, chopped
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- 4 slices day old bread
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Coconut oil, for the pan
- In a small bowl, mix and gently mash the strawberries with a little drizzle of maple syrup. Add the chopped basil. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and almond milk together. Dip bread slices in the egg mixture and stack slices on a plate to let the liquid soak in for a few minutes.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat and cook slices on each side until golden brown.
- Top with the strawberry mixture and serve with more maple syrup on the side.
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/strawberry-basil-french-toast/