Heirloom Tomato Sandwich
Author: Jeanine Donofrio
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 ½ cups cooked cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon capers
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices of toasted WFM Seeduction® bread
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 3 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- pinch of smoked paprika, optional
- sprinkle of hemp seeds, optional
- In a blender, puree the cannellini beans, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and capers. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill until ready to use.
- Assemble the sandwiches with the toasted bread, white bean puree, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, fresh basil, sea salt, pepper, a pinch of smoked paprika and a sprinkle of hemp seeds if desired.
Find Seeduction bread at Whole Foods.
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/heirloom-tomato-sandwich/