Apple Sage Grilled Cheese
- 8 slices of bread
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard (I likeSir Kensington’s Spicy Brown)
- 2 to 3 cups grated white cheddar, Gruyère or Daiya cheese
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 16 sage leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for grilling
- Assemble 4 slices of bread with a slather of mustard. Add some of the cheese, the red onions, apple slices and sage leaves. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat. Brush the outsides of the sandwich with olive oil and grill on each side until the cheese is melted.
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/apple-sage-grilled-cheese/