- ½ lime, sliced into wedges
- 1½ teaspoons cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cachaça (sugar cane liquor)
- lots of crushed ice
- ¼ - ⅓ cup Topo Chico, or another sparkling water
- Squeeze the juice of the lime wedges into a rocks glass. Drop the lime slices and sugar into the glass. Use a cocktail muddler (or the back of a spoon) to muddle the sugar and the lime.
- Fill the glass to the brim with crushed ice. Add the Cachaça and fill the rest of the glass with Topo Chico or a sparkling water of your choice. Stir and enjoy!
There isn't a great substitution for the Cachaça, however rum would be the next best liquor to use here.
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/skinny-caipirinhas/