Vegan Carrot Waffles
Author: Jeanine Donofrio
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 4-6 waffles
- 2 cups (500 mL) whole spelt flour or white/wheat mix
- 2 teaspoon (10 mL) baking powder
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon (2 mL) cinnamon
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated carrots
- 2 cups (500 mL) almond milk at room temperature
- ¼ cup (60 mL) melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) maple syrup, plus extra for serving
- Sea salt
- Maple syrup and/or coconut cream, for serving
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, flaxseed, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the grated carrots, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla, and maple syrup. Fold the carrot mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Scoop an appropriate amount of batter onto your waffle iron and cook until the edges are slightly crisp. Serve with maple syrup and the coconut cream, if using.
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/vegan-carrot-waffles/