Whole Grain Vegan Waffles
Serves: 4-6 waffles (depending on your waffle maker)
- 1½ cups Almond Breeze Almondmilk Original, at room temp
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups loose-packed spelt flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- tiny pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the Almond Breeze, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix until just combined.
- Scoop batter into your waffle maker and cook for the length of time required by your waffle maker (mine takes 3-4 minutes).
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/almond-breeze-brunch-workshop/