Strawberry Basil Avocado Toast
Author: Jeanine Donofrio
Recipe type: Snack, main dish
Serves: scale accordingly
- sliced strawberries
- balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- ripe avocado
- fresh lemon juice
- sea salt
- toasted bread (pictured: Udi's Gluten Free Millet Chia)
- fresh basil
- hemp seeds, optional for added protein
- Place the strawberries in a small bowl and toss with a small drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Slice the avocado in half, then score into cubes. Add a squeeze of lemon and a pinch of salt right into the avocado. Scoop it out and use the back of a fork to smash it onto the toast.
- Top toasts with strawberries, basil, a sprinkle of hemp seeds, if using, and more sea salt to taste.
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/strawberry-basil-avocado-toast/