Mango Peanut Tempeh Tacos
- ½-inch strips of tempeh (about 8 strips, from 1 pkg)
- drizzle of olive oil
- splash of tamari or soy suace
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- squeeze of lime
- 1 mango, cubed
- ¼ cup scallions
- 1 avocado, sliced
- sriracha (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 4 corn or flour tortillas
- ⅓ cup coconut milk (full fat or light, from a can or box)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- optional - minced garlic and/or ginger
- Drizzle tempeh strips with olive oil and tamari. Set aside to marinate while you prep everything else.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients. (I do this in a jar with a tight lid - shake until combined). Taste and adjust seasonings.
- In a small bowl, toss red cabbage with a squeeze of lime and a pinch of salt.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the tempeh strips and cook for a few minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Assemble tacos with tempeh strips, red cabbage, mango, scallions, avocado slices and cilantro. Serve with coconut peanut sauce, limes and sriracha on the side.
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/mango-peanut-tempeh-tacos/