Kale Salad w/ Avocado Tahini Sauce
Author: Jeanine Donofrio
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: 2 as a meal, 3-4 as a side
- 1 small avocado (or ½ a large one)
- 1½ tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups kale, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shaved brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup radishes, sliced into matchsticks
- ¼ cup thinly sliced carrots
- ½ cup white beans
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup chopped basil
- Place avocado, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil into a food processor. Pulse, then add water salt and pepper and blend until creamy.
- In a large bowl, toss the kale, brussels sprouts, radishes and carrots with half the dressing. Mix well, then let it sit at room temp for about 15 minutes.
- Add white beans, almonds, basil and as much of the remaining dressing as you like. Taste and add more salt, pepper, and lemon juice as needed.
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/kale-salad-avocado-tahini-sauce/