Pear & Arugula Chickpea Salad
- a few big handfuls of arugula
- 1 ripe pear, cored and chopped
- ¾ cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup diced cucumber or thinly sliced fennel
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- optional (but recommended): ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallion
- salt & pepper
- Whisk dressing together.
- In a small bowl toss the chickpeas with a bit of the dressing and some salt and pepper. This step is optional, but I find marinating the chickpeas for a few minutes helps them become more flavorful.
- Toss all of the salad ingredients together with as much dressing as you like. Season to taste. Add a bit of feta cheese, if you like.
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/pear-arugula-chickpea-salad/