Minty Millet & Pomegranate Salad
Serves: serves about 4 as a side
- 2 cups cooked millet (I use this method)
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- ¼ cup or so, thinly sliced red cabbage
- ¼ cup scallions chopped scallions
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
- ⅓ cup toasted pistachios
- a few handfuls of baby salad greens
- handful of mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange
- optional: 1-2 teaspoon maple syrup
- salt & pepper
- a little water to thin, if necessary
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients, taste and adjust seasonings. Set aside.
- Optional step: toss your chickpeas in a small skillet w/ a little olive oil, salt and pepper until browned.
- Toss together all salad ingredients with enough dressing to coat (you don't have to use it all). Taste and adjust seasonings.
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/minty-millet-pomegranate-salad/