Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: approx. 2 dozen
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temp
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2¼ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- colored sanding sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and set aside 2 ungreased baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and mix well. Add the egg and almond extract and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon dough into a cookie press and follow the instructions on the press to create shaped cookies. If the dough becomes too sticky, chill it in the fridge to firm up.
- Sprinkle cookies with sanding sugar and bake 8-10 minutes.
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/holiday-cocktail-cookie-swap/