gluten free skillet cookies
Serves: makes 6 mini-skillets (each serves 1-2)
- 1 cup + 2 tablesooons Pamela's Artisan Flour Blend
- scant ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup hardened coconut oil (or room temp butter)
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup crushed pecans
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use an electric mixer to mix coconut oil, sugars and vanilla until smooth. Add egg and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients, then mix (a little bit at a time) into the wet ingredients. Mix on high for a minute or until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Separate the cookie dough into 6 equally shaped balls and press them into 3.5-inch mini skillets or similarly sized ramekins.
- Bake for approx. 12-14 minutes. Remove them from the oven when they're slightly underdone in the middle.
- Let cool and serve with ice cream if desired.
You can bake these in a larger skillet, adjust baking time accordingly. Let cool and slice pieces to serve. (You can also bake these as regular cookies on a cookie sheet).
A note about coconut oil: if yours is melted to begin with, pop it in the fridge for a bit to harden.
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/gluten-free-skillet-cookies/