sambal salsa & black bean tacos
Serves: makes about 1.5 cup of salsa, enough for about 5 tacos
- 2-3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- juice & zest of 2 small limes
- 1-2 teaspoons sambal chile paste
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- ½ teaspoon ginger, minced (optional)
- pinch of sugar or a tiny bit of honey (optional)
- chopped avocado
- black beans
- cotija cheese (optional)
- serve with extra limes
- Mix all salsa ingredients together. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes for the flavors to come together. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Mix in chopped avocado just before serving. (taste & adjust again).
- Assemble tacos with black beans, salsa, and crumbly cheese (if using). Serve with extra limes.
You can find sambal in the asian section of most grocery stores.
Pictured are sprouted corn tortillas, which are vegan and gluten free. If you're gf, check the labels of your tortillas, not all corn tortillas are gluten free.
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/sambal-salsa-black-bean-tacos/