Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
Author: Jeanine Donofrio
Serves: 8-12 mini-sliders, or 4-6 regular sized patties
- 1 sweet potato, baked, peeled, and mashed
- ⅓ block of extra-firm tofu (from a 14 oz package)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup panko (to roll the patties in before baking)
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper
- Slider or regular hamburger buns
- Whatever fixings you like on your burger: I had avocado, red onion & sprouts
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Place the mashed sweet potato in a bowl and crumble in the tofu with your hands.
- Mash together with a fork until the tofu falls apart even more.
- Mix in the tahini, maple syrup, garlic, rosemary, paprika, salt & pepper.
- Form into patties. They will be messy; that's ok.
- Put the panko on a plate and coat the outside of each patty with the crumbs.
- Place patties on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are brown and crisp.
- I turned the broiler on for the last 30-60 seconds to help the browning along.
- You could also pan fry these in a skillet, but I baked them so they'd have less of a chance of falling apart.
- Serve on buns with whatever fixings you like. Or serve without a bun over a mixed greens salad.
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/sweet-potato-veggie-burgers/