Individual Mixed Berry Oat Crisps
Author: Jeanine Donofrio
Serves: 4, depending on the size of your dishes
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen mixed berries or fruit of your choice
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ⅓ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter or regular butter
- Ice cream, for serving (I’m partial to the Nada Moo coconut ice creams)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the frozen berries with the cornstarch and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, oat flour, oats, walnuts, and cinnamon.
- Chop chilled butter into small pieces and incorporate it into oat mixture with a fork (or your fingers) until crumbly. Don’t overmix.
- Place the berry mixture in individual skillets or ramekins and spoon the crumble on top of each.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, depending on the depth of your dishes. The crisps are done when the top is golden brown and the berries are bubbling.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, top with ice cream, and serve.
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/mixed-berry-crisp-vegan/