meyer lemon ice cream
Serves: makes a little over 2 cups, or 4 small servings
- 1.5 cups of full fat coconut milk (1 can)
- 1.5 tablespoons corn starch (or tapioca starch)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- zest and juice of 1 small meyer lemon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- optional - crushed vanilla wafers
- In a small bowl, mix ¼ cup of the coconut milk with the corn starch and whisk until it's fully dissolved.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt. Whisk again.
- Pour into the bowl of your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's directions to finish the ice cream.
- Serve with crushed vanilla wafers or toppings of your choice.
Some creative additions: mix pure vanilla bean and/or pinch of cayenne into the coconut mixture.
If it's too soft right out of your ice cream maker, chill in the freezer for 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/vegan-meyer-lemon-ice-cream/