avocado steamed buns
Serves: filling: serves 2 (3-4 buns per person)
- we used this steamed buns recipe
- avocado slices
- squeeze of lime
- shredded cabbage (napa and/or red cabbage)
- rice vinegar
- pinch of sugar
- pinches of salt
- yuzu kosho or a bit of wasabi
- sprinkle of sesame seeds
- Make (or buy) the steamed buns.
- Marinate the shredded cabbage in a splash of rice vinegar and a few pinches of sugar and salt. Let sit for at least 30 minutes (or up to a couple of days in the fridge).
- Slice the avocado and squeeze a bit of lime juice on top along with a few pinches of salt.
- Spread a bit of yuzu kosho or a tiny bit of wasabi onto the inside of the bun.
- Stuff with avocado and cabbage. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with sriracha.
Spicy mayo would have been good in these too - mix some mayo w/ sriracha & a splash of rice vinegar or lime.
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/avocado-steamed-buns/