grilled veggies with basil miso
- ¼ cup walnuts or pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- big handful of basil
- salt & pepper
- water or more olive oil, if necessary to thin
- red pepper
- red onion
- green tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves
- toasted walnuts
- avocado slices or feta cheese
- Make the sauce by pulsing everything together in a food processor. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add a bit of water or more olive oil if necessary to thin it to your desired consistency. Set aside.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Chop veggies and drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Grill veggies for a few minutes per side, until black grill marks form and veggies are tender but not mushy.
- optional: make it a meal and serve with quinoa, avocado slices and/or crumbly feta.
*if you're strictly gluten free, make sure your miso is gf - some contain barley.
Recipe by Love and Lemons at https://www.loveandlemons.com/grilled-veggies-basil-miso/