Soup is my favorite thing to make regardless of the season – it’s comfy and cozy in the fall and winter, but just because it’s 100 degrees outside now doesn’t mean I don’t crave soup in the summer. Enter: gazpacho.
This one is extra healthy (and bikini-season-friendly) because it’s made with green juice as the base. Since working on these recipes, with Evolution Fresh, I’ve been inspired to incorporate more green juices into my cooking. I got this idea by reading the ingredient list for their Sweet Greens and Ginger cold-pressed juice. It’s full of cucumber, apple, and ginger (among other greens), and sounded like the start of a really refreshing gazpacho. To that, I added yellow tomatoes, a drizzle of good olive oil and sherry vinegar. Sometimes gazpacho recipes call for stale bread to create a creamier soup, but I like to blend in blanched almonds or raw cashews instead.
This soup comes together in about 5 minutes. Blend it, taste it, chill it. Like all soups, it tastes great the next day. I love to eat this one for lunch with avocado toast or a big salad.
Cucumber Apple Green Gazpacho
- 1 large English cucumber
- 1 small green apple
- 1 cup Evolution Fresh Sweet Greens and Ginger
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more serving
- 2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 3 small yellow tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup blanched almonds or pine nuts
- generous amount of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- optional: ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Blend all ingredients together. Season liberally with salt and pepper, and serve with a drizzle of olive oil.
This post was created in partnership with Evolution Fresh, thank you for supporting the sponsors that keep us cooking!