This sweet & spicy corn salsa recipe tastes great on just about anything. You'll find yourself piling it onto salads, tacos, veggie burgers, and more!
This corn salsa recipe combines two of my favorite things in life: salsa and sweet corn! It’s crisp and zesty, sweet and spicy, and I just can’t get enough of it. Luckily, it’s really versatile, so I’ve been piling it on nearly everything – salads, bowls, tacos, burgers, and more. Of course, it’s fantastic as a dip with tortilla chips too.
Most often, I make this corn salsa recipe as written, but it’s also a great one to play with. Add something creamy, like diced avocado or crumbled Cotija cheese. Bulk it up with black beans, or toss in some halved cherry tomatoes. Spice it up with cumin, coriander, or a dash of smoked paprika. As long as you taste and adjust the seasonings before you eat, you’re bound to create a salsa you love.
Corn Salsa Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this fresh corn salsa recipe:
- Fresh corn on the cob – You’ll need about 3 ears of corn to make this recipe. Most often, I slice the kernels off the cob and leave them raw for a sweet, crisp bite. However, I’ve also grilled the corn here, and it gives the salsa a delicious smoky, charred flavor! If you can’t find in-season sweet corn, thawed frozen corn would work here too.
- Red onion and garlic – For sharp depth of flavor.
- Red bell pepper – I love its brilliant red color against the pale yellow corn. It also adds a nice crunch!
- Finely chopped cilantro – It adds flecks of green and lots of fresh flavor.
- Lime juice – For bright, zesty flavor. Always use freshly squeezed lime juice here. Don’t bother with the bottled kind!
- Jalapeño – It gives the salsa a spicy kick. For a fun twist, use pickled jalapeños instead of raw ones!
Add a pinch of salt and pepper to tie it all together!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
Corn Salsa Recipe Serving Suggestions
There are SO many delicious ways to serve this corn salsa recipe! Here are a few of my favorites:
- As a dip! Set it out as an appetizer with lots of tortilla chips. It’d be perfect for game day or any summer celebration.
- On a veggie burger. Make Southwest burgers with a black bean burger or quinoa burger patty, a slather of guacamole or chipotle sauce, pickled red onions, lettuce, and a scoop of the salsa. Take your burger over the top by serving it on a homemade hamburger bun.
- In tacos. It’s fantastic on almost any kind of tacos! Check out this post for 11 of my favorite taco recipes.
- On nachos. Drizzle vegan cheese over your favorite chips, and pile the salsa on top.
- On a salad. Serve it over your favorite greens with cilantro lime dressing, or go all out and make a taco salad!
- In a burrito. Stuff it into a breakfast burrito or regular burrito. Alternatively, build burrito bowls with cilantro lime rice, cooked black beans, avocado, and fajita veggies. Or add the corn salsa to this burrito bowl recipe!
What’s your favorite way to eat corn salsa? Let me know in the comments!
More Favorite Salsa Recipes
If you love this corn salsa recipe, try making one of these zesty salsas next:
- In a medium bowl, combine the corn, onion, cilantro, bell pepper, lime juice, garlic, jalapeño, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Chill until ready to use. Serve with chips for dipping or scoop onto tacos, burgers, or salads!