I'm head over heels for this fresh corn salad! Filled with crispy, crunchy, sweet & spicy components, it's a delicious side you'll make again & again.
According to my Instagram feed, you all celebrated this past holiday weekend by eating watermelon, making pie, or grilling up corn on the cob. If you were part of the third group, this corn salad is a super easy, super delicious recipe you can toss together if you happen to have leftover grilled corn. And if you don’t…. well, it’s still easy nonetheless and it’ll become your favorite summer corn salad.
Corn Salad Recipe Ingredients
This summer corn salad brings together my favorite summer ingredients to create a refreshingly sweet, crispy, crunchy, creamy combo that I will most definitely be eating all summer long. It happened by accident, as I used what I had on hand in the fridge, but I’m so in love with it. Here’s what’s in it:
- Grilled corn adds perfect crispy bites and yummy charred flavor. I had some leftover from this recipe, but if you don’t, it cooks up quickly. Or, for an even simpler option, you could also use raw corn kernels!
- Cucumber and bell peppers add refreshing crunch.
- Avocado brings a creamy contrast.
- Peaches adds juicy sweetness.
- Basil plays perfectly with the corn & peaches, punching up the fresh summer flavors.
- Lime juice brightens it up!
- And creamy chile lime sauce adds some heat and ties it all together.
Corn Salad Serving Suggestions
So, you’ve mixed up your salad. Now what do you serve with it? It would be the perfect summer side dish if you’re grilling any of these recipes:
- Best Darn Vegan Veggie Burgers
- Black Bean Burgers
- Portobello Mushroom Dogs
- Portobello Mushroom Burgers
Or making summer sandwiches like these ones with BBQ Jackfruit or these Oyster Mushroom Po’ Boys.
If you love this corn salad recipe…
Try this one with Mexican flavors or make another summer salad like this watermelon salad, this couscous salad, this pasta salad, or this yummy slaw!
Grilled Corn Salad
- 3 ears of grilled corn on the cob
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- ½ small cucumber, diced
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and diced
- 1 small avocado, pitted and diced
- 8 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges for serving
- 3 tablespoons Chile Lime Dressing, plus more to taste
- sea salt
- ¼ cup Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayo or vegan Fabanaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, including stems, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus extra slices for serving
- ⅓ serrano chile, plus more to taste
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of onion powder
- sea salt
- Make the dressing: In a small food processor, combine the avocado mayonnaise, olive oil, cilantro, lime, serrano, garlic powder, onion powder and a few generous pinches of salt. Pulse until combined. Chill until ready to use.
- Slice the kernels off of the grilled corn and place in a large bowl. Add the red pepper, green pepper, cucumber, peaches, avocado, basil, lime juice, a few pinches of salt, and toss. Add a few tablespoons of dressing, toss again, then taste and add more dressing and/or salt to taste. Serve with extra dressing and lime slices on the side.
Are there any peach substitutes recommended for winter?
Delicious! The dressing is great, I put the leftovers with pasta for a salad. Thank you
I’m so glad you loved it!
Delicious. Subbed 2 T basil leaves in the dressing due to my otherwise delightful daughter thinking cilantro tastes like soap. Also only had jalapeño. Had to keep hubby away after he sampled it. Thanks for the creativity and inspiration.
I just made this with canned corn and it was still absolutely amazing! The dressing does make a little extra, but honestly it was good by itself as well. I would have never thought of putting peach in the salad and now that I’ve tried it I’m going to keep doing it without a question. Thanks for the great recipe!
I made the corn salad for guests last night and it was a hit. I double the dressing and I am glad I did because it all went. I always have leftover salad, but not this time! It was amazing!
Hi Penny, I’m so glad you loved it!
I tried this recipe last summer for a family event. It was a huge hit. I’m getting ready to make it again for a Labor Day party this weekend. What I like about the recipe, besides the great flavors that come through with fresh produce and dressing, is that you can prepare most of the veggies and make the dressing in advance. Before serving, you can just add the peaches, avocado, and basil. Thank you for this delicious recipe.
That’s a great tip! I’m so glad that you’ve loved the recipe and found it easy to make (and pre-make)!
Hey! I’m super looking forward to trying this this weekend. I was just wondering approximately how much dressing in total this recipe makes, since you mention it makes extra.
Hi Aidan, it’ll make between 1/2 and 3/4 cup, you can use as much as you like in the salad. If you have any leftover, it’s delicious on grilled corn: http://www.loveandlemons.com/chile-lime-grilled-corn-cob/
Amazing, thank you so much, Jeanine. PS I genuinely love your book. 🙂
Oh, I’m so happy to hear that! 🙂
What a colorful salad. This is so cool!
Absolutely gorgeous and perfect for summer. Pinning to try soon!
2 questions! 1) If you you don’t have access to a grill is there another way you recommend preparing the corn? 2) If you can’t find the avacado oil mayo or Fabanaise, is there another product you would substitute it with?
Hi Rachel, you can use raw corn here, it’ll have a nice crunch.
You can get free shipping at sirkensingtons.com website with the code “lemons” at checkout. Otherwise, you can use a good quality mayo, but Sir K is my favorite 🙂
This looks and sounds amazing, yum!
Sparkles and Shoes
Just voted for your blog on Saveur. Great job as always. Love the recipe!
Loooove your blog..!
Would be nice to have a picture included when I use the print function – it’s now text only.
Masha (following from Zurich/Switzerland)
we’ll work on adding that!
What is url regarding Sauver award?
Here it is: http://bit.ly/29hDigI
Hi! This sounds delicious! I see the instructions list mayo for the dressing, but I do not see it listed in the ingredient list? Can you advise how much mayo is needed? Thanks and look forward to making this! 🙂
sorry about that, it’s fixed now!
You also have avocado in the instructions for the dressing but it’s not listed in the ingredients so can you tell me how much to add or let me know if I’m missing something. Thank you so much! Yours is the BEST site I’ve ever come across 🙂
I have always made avocado and quinoa and corn salad, but i never tried adding peach in. Thanks for the inspiration. it looks yummy. https://flyingkittyadventures.com/
Yum! These sound like great flavors I wouldn’t of thought to put together! Can’t wait to try it!
I love the addition of peaches to the other refreshing ingredients for this summer salad. So pretty!
Yum! Corn is my favorite this time of year!