According to my Instagram feed, you all celebrated this past holiday weekend by eating watermelon, making pie, or grilling up corn on the cob. If you were part of the third group, this corn salad is a super easy, super delicious recipe you can toss together if you happen to have leftover grilled corn. And if you don’t…. well, it’s still easy nonetheless.
Corn Salad Recipe Ingredients
This summer corn salad brings together my favorite summer ingredients to create a refreshingly sweet, crispy, crunchy, creamy combo that I will most definitely be eating all summer long. It happened by accident, as I used what I had on hand in the fridge, but I’m so in love with it. Here’s what’s in it:
- Grilled corn adds perfect crispy bites and yummy charred flavor. I had some leftover from this recipe, but if you don’t, it cooks up quickly. Or, for an even simpler option, you could also use raw corn kernels!
- Cucumber and bell peppers add refreshing crunch.
- Avocado brings a creamy contrast.
- Peaches adds juicy sweetness.
- Basil plays perfectly with the corn & peaches, punching up the fresh summer flavors.
- Lime juice brightens it up!
- And creamy chile lime sauce adds some heat and ties it all together.
Corn Salad Serving Suggestions
So, you’ve mixed up your salad. Now what do you serve with it? It would be the perfect summer side dish if you’re grilling any of these recipes:
If you love this corn salad recipe…
- 3 ears of grilled corn on the cob
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- ½ small cucumber, diced
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and diced
- 1 small avocado, pitted and diced
- 8 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges for serving
- 3 tablespoons Chile Lime Dressing, plus more to taste
- sea salt
- Make the dressing: In a small food processor, combine the avocado mayonnaise, olive oil, cilantro, lime, serrano, garlic powder, onion powder and a few generous pinches of salt. Pulse until combined. Chill until ready to use.
- Slice the kernels off of the grilled corn and place in a large bowl. Add the red pepper, green pepper, cucumber, peaches, avocado, basil, lime juice, a few pinches of salt, and toss. Add a few tablespoons of dressing, toss again, then taste and add more dressing and/or salt to taste. Serve with extra dressing and lime slices on the side.